Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm not fat, I'm big boned!

OK, maybe not.

Like many gamers (certainly not all gamers), I'm not necessarily the sveltest of people. I used to be a LOT heavier (about 440 max), but today, I could still stand to drop about 20-30 lbs. Every morning I walk about 45 minutes with wrist weights, ankle weights, and a weight vest. However, I've annoyingly been maintaining my current weight for the past few months. Admittedly, at least some of that fat has turned to muscle because of the weights. Yet my gut and the butt are still a bit larger than I'd prefer.

A friend of mine introduced me to The Daily Plate. After looking at this, I'm going to give it a try to see if I can get those last few pounds of padding on me gone. As he points out, for those of us that like gaming, one can approach this as a game that you are trying to win - and in this case, winning is good health.

I also recommend The Hacker's Diet for a few other pointers on dropping tonnage.

No comments: