Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bucket List

This year's posts have primarily been about health, self-improvement and general introspection. Much of this work has been to help clarify aspects of myself to myself. Perhaps this is my version of a "mid-life crisis". Anyway, my next step is to create a "bucket list".

For those who don't know, a "bucket list" is a list of things you want to do before you "kick the bucket". What do you want to do before you die?

Sounds easy right?

Apparently, in my case it isn't. Despite the massive list of things I've not done, there are actually very few things that I feel would lead to an empty life if I'd not done.

Things on my list so far:
See Stonehenge, Louvre, the Forbidden City, Mt. Fuji, and the Vatican.

After that, it drops off. There are things I want to see, but that's about it. I feel there should be more meaning things on the list.

The upside is that I don't feel my life is wasted were I to cross the rainbow bridge tomorrow. However, I can't help but think I'm missing something.

Thoughts?

No comments: