Wednesday, December 10, 2008

As the HDD turns

So I decided to max out the RAM on my laptop this weekend...taking it to 2 Gigabytes of RAM.

Sounds easy right?

Well the first wrinkle is that it involved removing the keyboard. Of course, this wouldn't be a problem for a geek such as myself so I pulled out the screwdriver and 20 minutes later was booting up to 2 gig of RAM.

YAY....or so I thought.

Since then, the laptop has bluescreened several times.
I've swapped with known good ram, and still get blue screens.
I flashed the bios to the latest version, and still get blue screens.
I emptied the ram slot under the keybaord, it has blue screened.

*sigh*, I think my laptop is about to go to the computer lab in the sky...

For those who don't know, my real life/non gamer persona uses several computers as a Software Quality Engineer. My laptop isn't technically necessary, but it makes my life MUCH easier. I had been thinking about replacing my laptop maybe next year....I really wish I didn't have to do it now...

1 comment:

mousestalker said...

Blue screens smiling on me,
Nothing but blue screens do I see....

My condolences on your loss. Memory issues are always a bear.