Friday, May 1, 2009

The Dresden Files

As I posted on Wednesday, I started reading on my iPhone's Kindle application. I realized that a number of my friends were reading a series of books by Jim Butcher called "The Dresden Files". As of the time of this writing, I'm on the third book, "Grave Peril".

How to describe this?

Imagine if Mike Hammer could cast spells. Imagine if Sam Spade had to thwart evil wizards, fae, and other supernatural critters. Hopefully, you get the idea.

To be sure, I would not call this great literature, but then again, I've never been a fan of high-brow fiction, preferring instead the Sherlock Holmes, John Carter series, and Harry Potter. However, these books are fun reads that present decent mysteries. There is a fair amount of action and interesting plot twists.

I recommend these books if you just want fun stories to lose yourself in.

No comments: