Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Diet and Fitness Update - 5 Months into "My Last Diet"

First of all, it's worth reading this post from October or at the very least this post from January on My Last Diet.

Since October, I've more or less been eating in moderation and working out at least 4 times a week at the YMCA in the "G.I.T. Fit" Class. Its based on the principles of Crossfit and many of the workouts resemble that.

Oddly, I've lost NO weight - and I'm OK with that. I've dropped two pants sizes and I went from huffing and puffing after a quarter mile to running 1.25 miles non-stop. I went from doing 18" step-ups to 24" box jumps. I even learned how to swim! I still have a ways to go before I finish carving fat off of my body, but I've made more progress in five months that I have in the previous 39 years.

Details of what I've been doing can be found here. I've been mini-blogging on the Nerd Fitness forum tracking my progress. Eventually, I plan to collect my observations into a few cogent posts here.

I will probably post more on this, but I wanted to share my experiences thus far. Its been working - I'm getting healthier.

Finally, on Saturday I ran the Spartan Race.

From Mar 27, 2011

No comments: