Monday, October 12, 2009

About Win 7

I know I've not posted. I've no excuse other than being uber busy with work.

I still don't have much time, but I wanted to make a "tech" post.

I just upgraded my system from the Opteron to an Intel Core i7 920 system with 12 (yes TWELVE) gigs of Ram.

While I'm trying to experiment with OSX (yes, really), I did install Windows 7, Home Premium 64-bit (Home Premium is the one I'm going to be recommending to 95% of the people I know who use Windows).

What Cali Lewis says about Windows 7.

MY ADVICE ABOUT WINDOWS:

If you are using Windows XP, stick with it until your next hardware upgrade. Next upgrade, Windows 7 is the way to go.

If you are using Windows 2000 and Earlier OR Windows Vista, Consider upgrading if your hardware meets the reqs. Windows 7 runs in 1 Gig of RAM and is faster than Vista.

Here is hoping that I'll be able to get back to posting soon.

Yes, there is still the Champions Contest winner to post, and I shall when I choose from the submissions.

1 comment:

mousestalker said...

Win 7 is quite nice. It is to Vista what Xp was to Windows Me.

I still prefer Ubuntu 9.04. But since my game of choice won't run in it, I'm dual booting both my gaming rigs with Win 7 when it goes Live.