Friday, August 10, 2018

State of stuff

I figured I'd just jump in and say what has been going in IRL for the few of you who read this and DON'T see me on a regular basis!

Amongst other things, I've been working very hard at personal organisation and self-actualisation (oooo, Kurt Goldstein reference!) to get my head together. Part of this has meant curating personal life a bit and focusing. Sooo...

  1. I can finally say that I know how to play guitar. I play reasonably OK and enjoy it. I even formed a rock band! Playing music is the most fun thing I do.
  2. I cut a lot of my Warhammer army. I didn't play it much and when I did, it wasn't particularly fun. I kept enough for playing kill-teams which is about the scale of battle I enjoy.
  3. Playing RPGs (as seen by all the sessions notes I post here). I've fallen in love with the Starfinder setting/game and hope to run and *gasp* complete a campaign of it!
  4. Yeah, not doing computer games. They just don't really speak to me anymore. What I liked about CoX was not just running around being a superhero, but having friends in the virtual world. No other game does that as well and most CRPGs are just "meh" anymore.
  5. Reading a number of comics beyond KODT including: Domino (currently being written by Gail Simone, Pathfinder, and Trade Paperbacks I find interesting.
  6. Managed to fix my focus so that I can actually successfully read books a bit more. Not as much as peeps I know, but better.
  7. Work just isn't going to define me. I have what I do to earn money, and I leave it at the end of the day. To maintain a puritan work ethic, I have to like what I do a LOT more than what I do to get cash.
  8. Listening to many podcasts - I may talk about those in another post.
  9. Not as much TV but more movies.
If the spirit moves me, I might talk about all of these a LOT more in depth. We will see!

No comments: