Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Way to Eden

I watched the Star Trek episode The Way to Eden this morning and I have a few things to say.

1. Space Hippies piss me off.

2. Herbert, you're gonna look pretty funny tryin' to eat corn on the cob with no f***in' teeth!

3. "Dr. Sevron is insane". Gotta love the 60's. None of this DSM IV stuff, just "he's insane". Simple and clean.

4. So, when Mr. Spock "has a session" with the space hippies they use a standard 3-chord 12-bar blues progression for their music, but with 'futuristic' sounding instruments. It's nice to know that the perfect musical construct lasts until the 23rd century. I guess the modern blues master 'T-Bone T'pel of Vulcan' is quite influential. After all, notice when the music is playing Spock nods in approval.

1 comment:

Democratus said...

T'loneus Monk? I think even Vulcans would recognize the superiority of Coltrain.