Recently, the grill I'd been using as my primary grill died. The hottest it would get was about 200 degrees. I've previously been a pure "charcoal" user, but of late I've preferred to use gas because it permits me to grill more cheaply and more often.
This past weekend, the trophy fiancee and I headed over to Lowe's and ended up walking out with a new "Perfect Flame" grill (their in-house brand).
After a false start with the first thing I cooked (read blackened) it has worked beautifully. It appears to get to a surface temp of about 600+ degrees, and gets to a normal cook temp in about 5-10 minutes. So far, every lunch and dinner since I picked it up has been grilled (meat and veggies).
Now, by purchasing wood chips, I'm hoping to able to get the same smokey flavor I enjoy. I've not quite gotten this to work yet for regular grilling, but for slow cooking I think it will work NICELY.
This next shopping trip, I think we are going to pick up some pork ribs so I can give bar-be-queing a try.
Now, off to cook some more!
Game Design Unboxed ––– The Game Make The Goblins (Hellbreakers Session 12)
-
When two Inner Sea superpowers go to war, the ripples are felt throughout
the region. A group of intrepid heroes…or should we say intrepid rebels….
join a ...
6 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment