Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weight a minute...

People who know me know that I've struggled with my weight all my life. I've talked about it here before...

Currently, I weigh about 40 lbs more than I want to. I'd like to cut my waist down to size and generally get in better health. Since the trophy fiancee is very active, she provides good encouragement.

I decided last week that I was going to go ahead and start my end run for those last few pounds. For assistance, I'm turning to a few sources...

1. The South Beach Diet - its somewhat similar to Atkins, but is a darn sight more intelligent. Reduce your carb and fat intake and your body will start the process of converting fat back into energy.

2. Increasing activity - the lady suggested that we do a running course together. I think that this will be a solid step forward (no pun intended) that should help push up my metabolism. Eventually, we are going to get back into dancing as well.

3. Weight Training - this is a more general health issue. So, I'm turning to "Tim Ferris"'s methods. He talks about weight training here and here. Obviously, I've no interest in competitive weight lifting, but I'd like to look a bit better.

Lets see how well it works! Hold good thoughts...

1 comment:

Chris said...

There is only two times that I will ever NEED to run.

1. If something is chasing me to eat me.

2. If I am chasing something to eat for myself.

I live in Austin, TX. There isn't anything in Austin that can eat me that is not in a cage or I can out run in my car. And if I'm hungry I will drive to the closest HEB and buy what I want to eat.