Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Salutations!

Hello out there in interwebs land!

For those who don't know me, I'm Rachael Storm, the Avenging Librarian. "Avenging" you say? Yes, I live in Paragon City, Rhode Island: THE CITY OF HEROES! Yes, this blog is a little bit of posting to cover my exploits and answer questions from the community.


    OK, breaking the 4th wall for a moment. This is a fansite for the game City of Heroes. It is to cover the exploits of my characters, the news of the day, and general "funness". I will offer advise (but be warned, it's not serious by any means) and observations/experiences on game play. I'll also occasionally be posting bits of fanfic I come up with. Hope you enjoy your stay!

    Rachael lives on the Infinity Server of City of Heroes and has since August 2004. My current playtime is between 4:30 am and 8:00 am Central Time. Some of the posts will be in the character of Rachael and some will be "OOC". I'll try to make it clear whenever possible which is which.

    Feel free to leave any comments you wish.

    Anyway, back to "virtual reality".

Today, I helped save the Paragon City Nuclear Reactor from an attack by the Rikti. The Rikti are a group of aliens who invaded Paragon a few years ago. While we stopped the invasion, there are still some lurking about.

Thankfully, we managed to defeat them. Our team was comprised of myself, Noxheraldis (Energy/Fire Blaster), InvincibleFlame (Fire/Fire Tank), and DJTrizz (Electrical/Energy Blaster). The reactor was saved and a good time was had by all. My friend the "perky goth" South Freedom had hoped to join us, but ran out of sunblock. I don't know why she is so obsessed with that.

Oh well.

For those who don't know, being a superhero is a rather trying experience. You find yourself traveling all over trying to "Save the World" but rarely get thanks for it. ANYWAY, I was doing some work in the Rogue Isle. Yes, it's true, even I venture there from time to time. There is a certain 'gentlemen' there named Hard Case. He's not the most up and up type, but he does mean well. He is a "Demon Hunter" and is currently trying to deal with a group called the "Wailer Demons". They are rather nasty and have a ghostly howl that cuts through even the toughest of armor. I've been trying to track down the head of this group for him in hopes of saving St. Martial. Most recently, I've been tasked with finding the "true name" of their leader, "Silver tongue". Lets hope it all goes well.

3 comments:

Jennifer J. said...

Wow, Rachael, I can't wait to read more!

mousestalker said...

Slacker!

I expected more than 1 measly post already!

kahn265 said...

Well, I *AM* lazy that way.