Thursday, January 24, 2008

Avoiding Snow

The 350 point Khador warband has been assembled!
  • Kommander Sorscha - 71 Pts
  • Destroyer - 126 Pts
  • Juggernaut - 105 Pts
  • Greylord Ternion - 43 Pts
Total Army Cost: 345

Sadly, it has ONLY been assembled. As soon as I finished assembling these troops, local temperatures dropped and started hovering in the 30s this week with 80%-90% humidity. This means that even going to the garage to prime, it is so cold and humid that I won't be able to get a decent base coat with the spray paint (hence the title of this missive).

Someone pointed out to me that I could use a paint on base coat. I thought about this but decided that I'd much rather wait to spray paint since I get a much more even coat when I do that. Also, I really don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get paint on bare pewter with a brush.

On happier news, I was able to fix the Chaplain. My Space Marine Chaplain figure had his crozius snap off. I've tried to fix it before, but the fix never seemed that strong. In playing with my Dremel, I've tried pinning it. I need to touch up the paint around it, but I have high hopes that it will stick.

1 comment:

mousestalker said...

Well, you have two options if you want to persevere priming your ponderous platoon of pulverization. Either use a blow dryer/ heat gun or get a space heater for the garage. If you get a space heater, turn it on the night before you plan on painting.