Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Miscellaneous

I didn't get much gaming this weekend as real-life needs (work and house cleaning) took up my time. However, the weather got nice enough to base coat some models and I did get a single Warmachine game. I broke out the new Khador troops and faced up against the forces of Menoth. Our points were rather close and I needed to proxy a couple models, but I think I did rather well, despite the inevitable loss.

The core of my army is:
  • Sorscha
  • Juggernaut
  • Destroyer
  • Marauder (proxied)
  • Greylord Ternion
  • Manhunter (proxied - I left mine at home)
476 - pts

My opponent fielded
  • Harbinger of Menoth (10 focus?!?!?!)
  • Guardian
  • Reckoner
  • Exemplar Vengers
  • Holy Zealots (I think)
480-ish points

Lessons Learned:
  • The Guardians Knockback was TERRIBLE. My Manhunter was insta killed by my Destroyer getting knocked back.
  • The Harbinger has WAY a lotta focus.
  • Greylords are worth every point.
  • Need to start really thinking about special stuff Jacks can do (most of us are newbies, and so we aren't doing much on that score). That would have dealt with the KB.
I'm getting some tips from the Privateer Press forums and using that to tailor what I buy and how I use it. In some ways, I get as many answers as there are people, but asking for "How do I use what you suggest" really has helped give me some clear advice.

Work is taking me out of town this week, so I probably won't post again until this weekend at the earliest.

In the meantime, Play like you got a pair!

No comments: